Monday, September 13, 2010

MTV awards agog for Lady Gaga


LOS ANGELES (AFP) – Flamboyant diva Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" won best video late Sunday at the MTV awards, sealing her reputation as the larger-than-life queen of the pop scene.

The Video of the Year gong was one of eight MTV Moonmen for Lady Gaga, 24, who, true to form, changed from elaborate dress to elaborate dress throughout the ceremony in Los Angeles.

"I was so nervous tonight that I'd let my fans down," she said accepting the top award, a tear rolling down her cheek. She then revealed the name of her upcoming album, "Born this way," and sang part of the title song.

"I promised if I won I'd announce the name of my record," she said.

Earlier, Gaga, whose prizes also included Best Pop Video, Best Female Video and Best Collaboration, thanked her fans whom she calls "little monsters."

"Tonight, little monsters, we're the cool kids at the party," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment