Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bow Wow speaks about Derrion Alberts


"I just wanna first and foremost send my condolences to the whole Albert family, rest in peace," Bow Wow said in a self-made video. "We lost a young man who was an Honor Roll student, a kid I'm sure had a bright future and basically what I'm here to say is, I'm not trying to preach much, I just wanna say y'all, as young people, it's time for us to step up and take on responsibility. It's time for us to understand our role in life and understand that we are the next generation...We gotta stop this violence. We gotta stop the killing and killing one another...It's not just this situation, it's going on all around the world in every neighborhood, in your neighborhood...I'm doing my part, so you gotta do yours. And I encourage all my hip-hop peers and young hip-hop peers to take the stand too, and that's what I'm doing."

No comments:

Post a Comment