Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Dream: This is my last album.


I think it's safe to say we can add The-Dream to our list of celebrities who don't Twitter. While The-Dream did exclusively confirm with BET.com that "Love King", his third solo effort, is in fact his final project, he did blanket the revelation did not derive from his Twitter account.

Is The-Dream calling it quits after his next LP?
Chatter of The-Dream putting the mic down for good after releasing "Love King" first surfaced via Billboard.com last week. The rumor, which landed on several music blog sites, ignited the universal inquiry, "Why so soon?"

The-Dream explained to BET.com before taping his performance for BET's, Rising Icons, “See this is what’s wrong with the industry right now- ya’ll stay on the internet too much. I don’t even have a Twitter account, and for that to even reach all the way to Billboard.com is just sad.”

After setting the record straight, The-Dream went on to explain that "Love King" is his final contribution to the R&B realm, “Love King” will be my last album," stated the singer/songwriter.

He continued, "I’ve been on the fence about this even before I made “Love Vs Money” [The-Dream’s sophomore release], so I’m in the process of getting ready for that to be the last one and just ride out into the sunset."

In addition to the announcement, The-Dream offered a brief explanation as to why the curtain is set to close after the release of "Love King", "I think the notion about 'killing The-Dream' was, just to clear that up, I rather me stop making records on my own terms versus people getting tired of hearing me. That’s basically what I’m doing," The-Dream clarified.

At press time, "Love King" has yet to snatch a release date. However, according to The-Dream himself, the set will hit stores later this year. (BET)

No comments:

Post a Comment